The American School of Bangkok is part of international schools in Bangkok, following an American curriculum. The school has two campuses; one is the ASB Green Valley campus, noted for its exciting golf academy and golf team. From the age of five years already, a young aspiring golf enthusiast can start to learn golf. ASB is a member of BISAC, Bangkok International Schools Athletic Conference. They also are a member of the TISAC, the Thailand International Schools Athletic Conference. The school’s basket team has won tournaments and championships and they love competing in various sports such as football and baseball.
The American School of Bangkok combines stimulating academics with a supportive family environment that encourages all students to live up to their highest potential. ASB has a demanding curriculum that challenges students’ intellectual, physical, emotional and creative development.
Preparing for the future
Right now, the school is holding their 2017 Summer Academy. Students will take part in improving their English skills as well as other vital subjects such as math and science for example. They will also have loads of fun and will take part in field trips such as:
- Flight travels where they receive information on air travel and experience in flight simulation
- Grades 3-8 learn bounce activity with the use of movement
- Grades 1-2 will get playtime activities through movement
- Visit the National Science Museum, Bangkok
- Experience the Fusarium; an indoor playground with sports facilities
- Participation in BBQ for American Independence Day as well as the Sports Festival to be held at the Green Valley Campus. They will also participate in the closing presentations at the campuses
- Aim at recovering missing credits needed for graduation or improving on their grade point average (GPA) scores for main subjects for grades 9-12
This 5-week programme is a special opportunity for students from ASB or coming from other countries or schools to experience what The American School of Bangkok has to offer during June and July months. If you want your child to experience this defining turning point in their lives, and to be part of all the fun and academic lessons that this school offers, there is no time like the present; you don’t want to miss out.